Do you know if, how, or why your content is performing?
If you think measuring and analyzing your content is boring, this session will kinda blow your mind!
In this masterclass on Google Analytics, Orbit Media CMO Andy Crestodina shows us advanced (but easy!) Google Analytics techniques to help us measure how our content marketing is working.
Even better, he teaches us how to use that data to improve our headlines, content and more so they rank higher and improve click through rates! In this session, you’ll learn:
- Why different headlines work better for Search vs. Social (and why!)
- What types of headlines get better click thru rates
- Best email subject line structures to improve open rates
- Where your traffic is coming from
- What site visitors do once on your site
- How to find & create secret reports in Google Analytics
- How to measure “invisible” visitors from email & other random sources
- How, why & when to use UTM link tracking for inbound traffic
- How to improve your site’s navigation based on user behavior
- How to structure your content to maximize reader retention
- Where and when longer posts work best
- How to measure & retarget people who watch embedded videos
Sound like a lot? This session is simply PACKED with incredible tips and tactics for getting more clicks and improving your readers’ and customers’ experiences.
It helps to have a reference, so here’s a condensed version of Andy’s presentation with the slides showing how to set up GA and other key tidbits.
Connect with Andy
Here are a few of the tools Andy mentioned:
- His company, Orbit Media’s blog, is a wealth of info
- His guide for How to Set Up Google Analytics
- Their UTM campaign tracker link builder tool is here.
- His book, Content Chemistry, is an illustrated guide to making content that works
View All Sessions:
- Opening Keynote: Why Create Marketing Content?
- Session 1 – How to Create Unlimited Content Ideas
- Session 2 – Go from Startup to Household Name
- Session 3 – Maximize your Content’s SEO Value
- Session 4 – Leverage Feature Length Films for your Brand
- Session 5 – How to use the Media to Amplify Your Content
- Session 6 – How to Analyze Content for Search vs Social
- Session 7 – Create Video Content that Works on Any Platform
- Session 8 – How to make Diverse & Inclusive Content
- Session 9 – Creating a Complete Content Marketing Campaign